Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Just Keep Swimming ♪♪♪ Day 3

Day 3: Problem Solving

40 laps in the pool today. Shazam!

The past two days have consisted of running/jogging/limping/slogging my way through two miles. If you read yesterday, you will see that I now have a rather painful blister on my foot. It's definitely not cool. I planned on going to Model's to pick up some new running shoes since the ones I have from Kohl's decided to destroy my feet after 4 pathetic miles over the course of only 2 days. I was at work and forgot all about it until 8:45.

I decided to hit the pool instead. I used to swim in High School and I consider myself a strong swimmer. It always feels good to jump back in the water regardless of how long it has been.


I swam 20 laps freestyle and then mixed in breaststroke for the next 20. I finished in about a half hour which is the same time it takes me to run. My shoulders feel good and sore already which is a really good thing.

Only thing I hate about swimming at the gym is that it takes a little more time to shower, dry off, get dressed, and walk to my car in the cold because it's damp. We used to do it everyday so I should just get over it. The good thing is that now I have money to buy all the good food and protein to go along with my workouts.

I think the swimming is a really good way to break up running in the middle of the week. Tomorrow I should pick up some sneakers at Model's. If I forget, I guess I'll just have to swim again.

And so ends Day 3 of the workout reboot of 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment