Monday, January 7, 2013

Back On The Horse

Day 1: January 7th, 11:50 p.m.

235 Pounds. Ugh.

Feelings pretty gross right now. Just tried to do my old school interval run at the gym and was unsuccessful. I still ran/walked/huffed and puffed/limped my way through two miles. It took 25 minutes which is just awful.

But you know what? I did something I haven't done in months. I showed up.

Last year around this time I did the same thing. I started showing up and things got better and better. As I was on the cusp of 6 pack glory and feeling awesome, I got a new full-time job. All I've been doing is working everyday since and not working out for the past 7 months. 7!! That's so long in workout months especially when you abuse your body by going out to lunch or making a sandwich from the grocery store next you you. Guess what, that isn't healthy either! I don't care what they say about low sodium cold cuts or any of that stuff anymore because it doesn't maintain your weight.

Time to buy some chicken cutlets. Protein, vegetables, and water.

I'm thinking if the meal or drink I consume doesn't have protein, vegetables, or water in it, I'm just not going to have it. Yes, I'm going to have to establish "cheat meals" and figure out when those will occur otherwise I'll lose track of the whole thing.

I really hope I can get to the first stage of my old school running workout within the next two weeks. In the Summer of 2006, I was in the best shape of my life and this run 5 days a week was a major factor. This is the whole thing.

Walk 3.0 for 3 mins
Run 7.5 for 40 secs
Run 9.5 for 20 secs
(Do that for 5 minutes)
Walk 3.0 for 5 mins
Run 7.5 for 40 secs
Run 9.5 for 20 secs
(Do that for 5 minutes)
Cooldown

Maybe I'll get back to this workout in a month. Until then I'll keep struggling until it gets easier and easier.

I basically told my body to go fuck itself these past 7 months. It's time to treat it the right way. I'm 7 months away from attending law school which will be the biggest challenge of my life. That gives me 7 months to apologize to my body, get it back on track, and be in excellent shape once again.

Let me start it this way. I'm sorry body, can we be friends again? I promise I'll do my best to never hurt you the way I did with all of those nasty foods again. I hope you can forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment