Monday, January 14, 2013

Accountability; Life Gets In The Way

I'm not happy with how the past 4 days have gone after how well the first 4 went. Instead of ignoring the fact that I didn't go to the gym, I'm going to face it. 

Day 5: Dentist Appointment leads to pain and soreness, so I make that an excuse not to go run for 25 minutes.

Day 6: Slept 4 hours, went to work at 9, got home at 6, it was my brother's birthday and I got there mid party, party ended at 10:30, Heather and I went out like normal mid-20 year old people should on a Saturday night, and I missed another day of the gym.

Day 7: Obviously woke up exhausted again from the long day before. Despite sleeping 7 hours, I was shot. Went to work, got off at 6, picked up Heather and went bowling with my co-workers. We got home around 1 am and by then I was exhausted. Despite that I didn't fall asleep for hours.

Day 8: This gets a little absurd. I'm off today. I woke up at 2:30 after the insanely long weekend. Yeah, 2:30. I was still tired somehow. At 4:30 I went to Mike's and practiced a few songs with him. I got back around 6:30, had dinner, and fell asleep at 7. I woke up an hour ago at 12:00 am. Being that I have to be up at 8 am tomorrow, I've now made the excuse that if I go to the gym I will not be able to fall asleep until 4 am and the whole bloody cycle will start all over again for the next 3 days I work. So, I'm not going to the gym. I'm going to try and fall asleep soon and start anew tomorrow.


That's the thing about my job. While most people have off on weekends and go about doing things that people do on the weekends, they can recover from it must more easily. I, however, work no less than 18 hours each weekend and I still do all those things big kids do. Not very easy. So by Monday I am shot.

I'm beginning to see how this can be detrimental towards my well being.

Is it my own fault that I'm pulling myself in all these different directions and not making time for myself to go to the gym? It's not like I'm sitting around doing nothing. Even when I'm home alone, I'm either writing for Digital Stallion Productions, trying to learn Italian, or sleeping.

If only I were paid to do the things I actually enjoy, oh what a life I would have.

No comments:

Post a Comment